Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Post States Report

So this last weekend was a roller coaster of emotions for most magic players at the States tournament in Indianapolis. I ended up going 4-2 with my red deck splashing green for Bloodbraid Elf. There were lots of rogue decks and all sorts of different players. But there were a TON of SUPER combos there and I just wanted to cover some of the better ones here.


1) I saw this one and got chills. So first turn you're like "Oh I hurt myself. I'm helping you win this match, (put opponent's name here)" They start feeling good and all.. then you pull a 180 and go and GAIN that life right back next turn. You can just fold your arms and sit back in your chair while the 10 year old cries.




2) I love the new landfall ability in Zendy (that's what I call Zendikar for short.) I think this is probably the best landfall combo out there right now.



3) Here is a super sweet combo that I saw when I was playing against a cussy elf deck. I mean.. my beloved Nissa Revane is beautiful enough that when she is sitting on the table, it's pretty much game. But when you pair this vixen with Nissa's Chosen, you have a duo that I could only dream about (and I do.)





Well, that's the big combos I saw this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to top 8 one of these tournaments and show the world how powerful my super combos are. Till next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment